Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Social justice activists honored in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
I never have the time to watch youtube, except when I want to listen to music and not pay for it. DTG, could yo please express yourself in words? in your words and not copy/paste if possible... Otherwise, I am going to tell to God you are naughty.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
Ouch, didn't see the 9/11 Truth people there.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Oh goodie, honoring the "9/11 Truth movement."

And it's sad that an organization that purports to call for an end to anti-Semitism honors NJ Solidarity, a group which explicitly says Israel has no right to exist.

It's really a pity. I am opposed to the war in Iraq specifically and the over-militarization of the country generally. But I cannot, in good conscience, support "peace movements" like this.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
"Right on!"

Quote:

1djcview wrote:

Power to the people.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
For the record, the rights social activists defend were not bestowed on us by the "capitalist pigs" (referencing DTG's clip). We were all born with them.

Certain powers, made up of a very small number who happen to control major wealth and influence, and whose wealth and influence is made only with the work and effort of countless others, would limit them, remove them, deny that birthright, even to those who help amass that wealth and influence.

Power to the people.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/24 10:08
Group:
Registered Users
I like this one better: Choose your friends Carefully!!! DTG

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Let's not forget he needs a gun to protect himself. I still can't understand why he was replying on the board on a Sunday at 10 AM, instead of being in the church.
DTguy, if you'll skip church next Sunday, God is going to give you a hard punishment, like legalize gay marriage all over the world. That will hurt.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dwntownguy wrote:
This is pretty funny !!

I was not aware we still had ?Front Organizations? and ?Fellow Travelers? from the American Communist Party left after the Cold War.

Any Trotskyites left out there ????

DTG

Wow, so being anti-war, anti-racism, anti-homophobia and pro money for food, healthcare and housing makes one a Communist?

I take it you, then, are pro-war, pro-racism, pro-homophobia and prefer military spending to healthcare, food and housing. That IS funny!

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is pretty funny !!

I was not aware we still had ?Front Organizations? and ?Fellow Travelers? from the American Communist Party left after the Cold War.

Any Trotskyites left out there ????

DTG

Posted on: 2008/1/6 15:37

Social justice activists honored in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.workers.org/2008/us/jersey_city_0110/ Social justice activists honored in Jersey City Published Jan 5, 2008 8:10 AM The Jersey City Peace Movement sponsored a program on Dec. 30 that presented awards of appreciation to activists and organizations involved in community and political organizing of progressive struggles at home and abroad. Jersey City Peace Movement activists and
Troops Out Now Coalition activists, Dec. 30. Jersey City Peace Movement activists and Troops Out Now Coalition activists, Dec. 30. Photo: V. Guzman The standing room only event was held at the Pershing Field Vietnam Veteran?s Community Center in Jersey City, N.J. The JCPM was formed after the U.S. bombed and invaded Iraq in March 2003. Since that time the JCPM has been connecting local community issues to an anti-war perspective, creating friends and allies along the way. Organizations that were honored included New Jersey Solidarity?Activists for the Liberation of Palestine; Black Waxx Multimedia; Jersey City Youth Skaters; Peace and Justice Coalition initiated by People?s Organization for Progress in Newark; Our Youth, a LGBT organization; Troops Out Now Coalition based in New York; Jersey City Food Not Bombs; New Jersey Acci?n (Action) 21, a mainly Latin@ group; 9/11 Truth Chapters in Jersey City and Red Bank; and Hoboken Farmboy, an organization that feeds the hungry. Jersey City Peace Movement award
to Troops Out Now Coalition. Jersey City Peace Movement award to Troops Out Now Coalition. WW photo: Monica Moorehead Individuals cited for their contributions included Black Waxx artist and activist, Nana Soul; peace and justice activist, Dave Davis; and the late anti-war activist and Vietnam War veteran, Dave Cline. Presenters of the awards were JCPM activists Adela Santiago, Erik-Anders Nilsson, Lisa Marie Palmieri and Trish Szymanski. The JCPM is a member of TONC. Starting on Jan. 27, the JCPM will be organizing ?Stop the War Sundays? on the fourth Sunday of every month, gathering at the Journal Square 9/11 Memorial Fountain in Jersey City from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m. For more information about JCPM, go to www.JCPM.org or email JCPeaceMovement@hotmail.com JCPM demands are that the troops be brought home now; an end to racism, anti-Semitism, sexism, anti-Arab sentiment and homophobia; no war on Iran and other threatened countries; an end to war on Iraq and Afghanistan and other oppressed nations; an end to Congress funding endless war; and money for jobs, education, health care, food and housing?not for war! ?Monica Moorehead

Posted on: 2008/1/6 14:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017