Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: No one is safe from the JC Parking Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
From the J Journal, dumb & dumber:

While they were arguing, Wojtkowski stood in front of the car and the person they were staking out got away, reports said.

I'd like to give Woftkowski a medal.

If the officers know they had a right to park where they were parking fine, but they should have continued with their stakeout and then gone to court to get the ticket knocked down, not let a suspect get a way because they were harassing someone who was just trying to enforce the law.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen those badges offered as a premium for a donation to some Policeman's fund, like the PBA or a Fraternal Order. I just can't remember which one. While they don't promise exemption from tickets, it seems to be implied.
Another form of graft, it seems to me.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like every other car I see parked in JC has one of those police badge decals inside the front windshield. They probably buy them on ebay.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know, but the parking person did the right thing by issueing a ticket.
The cops over re-acted and should have worked out any parking ticket issue after their surveillance sting.

The parking ticket would have been a great cover for the cops if the criminals where unsure who these guys in the car where and watching.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 11:33
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
From the J Journal, dumb & dumber:

Report: Cops on stakeout stymied by a parking ticket
by N. Clark Judd
Monday December 10, 2007, 2:54 PM

Bayonne detectives conducting surveillance in an unmarked car were about to spring on their target, cops said, when they were stopped by one pesky little problem: They got a parking ticket.

According to police, parking enforcement officer Susan Wojtkowski issued a summons Friday to detectives in an unmarked car in the midtown area for failing to feed the meter - even after they showed their badges and told her they were on the job.

Cops were staking out the target of a narcotics investigation and began arguing with Wojtkowski after she insisted on giving them a ticket, police said.

While they were arguing, Wojtkowski stood in front of the car and the person they were staking out got away, reports said.

Wojtkowski, 38, of Avenue A, was charged with obstructing a governmental function, police said, and was released on her own recognizance.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just one mistake he made....he wasn't a JC cop! JCPA only exempt JCPD cops........people will never learn!

Posted on: 2007/12/11 1:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

No one is safe from the JC Parking Authority

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/9 4:54
Group:
Registered Users
I just had to share this hilarious incident I just witnessed. There is a cop(Not a JC Cop) that lives on my street. He thinks parking rules don't apply to him. He's always parked in front of the fire hydrant at night and he never gets a ticket.

The street sweeper just came down my street and he's the ONLY one that feels he doesn't need to move his car to the other side of the street. As the sweeper is coming down the street the parking authority guy pulls up to this guys car and starts writing him a ticket. He comes running out of his apartment in his boxers holding his badge in the air and waving his arms...YO YO YOO I'm a cop! The parking authority guy waved and put the ticket on his windshield. HILARIOUS! It just made my day.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 19:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017