Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gifford Avenue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've lived here 5+ years and wouldn't agree with any of those statements. Just like anywhere else in JC or NYC, you need to watch out for yourself. Parts of Bergen Ave are dumpy, but I've never been scared walking there. I have an equal length walking commute if I take JFK or Bergen to or from the PATH, and I walk Bergen 9 out of 10 times. But yes, Gifford between JFK and Westside (Lincoln Park) is the nicer, more desirable block. This is true for Gifford and Bentley, but for most of the other streets around here, the JFK/Bergen block is the more desirable one.

Quote:

linky wrote:
The neighborhood isn't particularly safe Or pleasant though. Bergen Avenue is scary.

Posted on: 2007/12/6 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I grew up a few blocks away and had friends who lived on Gifford and Bentley.

The houses are gorgeous, inside and out. Used to be all doctors there. The apartments are nice too, although they might be rather dodgey now. The local public school is not good, although Play and Learn has been around for awhile and has a good rep. The neighborhood isn't particularly safe Or pleasant though. Bergen Avenue is scary. It's a little better better on the west side of the boulevard.

Posted on: 2007/12/6 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 14:19
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Gifford between JFK and WestSide Ave, is one of the nicest looking streets in all of JC. There are some beautiful Victorians on Gifford towards Bergen, but it's a bit more urban feeling, with the larger apartment buildings near Bergen inviting some louder crowds in the summer. That said, it's pretty safe. As for schools, you're in the same boat with most of the residents in all of Jersey City, there are only a small handful of good public schools. As for private,There's Play and Learn for 3yrs(abbott) - 6th, which is decent, St. Dominic's for Girls highschool that's supposed to be good, and a few other private schools in the neighborhood that I don't know much about yet. good luck!

Posted on: 2007/12/6 13:51

Gifford Avenue

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/5 22:15
From Brooklyn, NY
Group:
Registered Users
hello all!
I'm going to see a place tomorrow and I'm hoping I can get a little info before I go.
The place is on Gifford Avenue between Kennedy and Bergen.
Any thoughts on that neighborhood?
What are the schools like?
Thanks a ton,
Diana

Posted on: 2007/12/5 22:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!