Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Residents tip leads to drug bust in Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
I wonder if next we'll be reading about the retaliatory murder of a few residents on Kennedy Blvd near Manhattan Avenue.

was it necessary to print that part of the story?

might people think twice before tipping off the cops now?
or am I just being paranoid...

I agree, stupid comment by the cop and stupid to print it. It will not take a rocket scientist to work out who was most likely the ones that reported it to the cops.
+1 for the residents that did report the info.
-1 to the cops and reporter.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 1:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if next we'll be reading about the retaliatory murder of a few residents on Kennedy Blvd near Manhattan Avenue.

was it necessary to print that part of the story?

might people think twice before tipping off the cops now?
or am I just being paranoid...

Posted on: 2007/11/19 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"The narcotics unit is doing a great job," Police Director Sam Jefferson said through a spokesman, Lt. Edgar Martinez.

"It was incredible," said one of the reporters present. "The spokesman was mouthing the words, but it was clearly the Police Director's voice that came out."

Posted on: 2007/11/18 13:33

Residents tip leads to drug bust in Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Tip leads to drug bust in Heights

Saturday, November 17, 2007
By N. CLARK JUDD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

There may be less "snow" in the Jersey City Heights this Christmas, after cops intercepted a kilogram of cocaine bound for distribution there Thursday, police said.

Police said that tips from neighborhood residents helped them plan a stakeout in anticipation of a coke delivery from New York between 5 and 7 p.m. Thursday evening. Cops set up surveillance on a stretch of Kennedy Boulevard near Manhattan Avenue and waited until Jaime Briceno, 29, of the Bronx, drove down Manhattan, reports said.

Cops tailed Briceno until he failed to signal before changing lanes, police said. They then stopped him and led a police dog around the vehicle, police said.

The dog led cops to two plastic bags containing the kilogram, which had a street value of $25,000 to $27,000, a police spokesman said.

Police said he admitted the drugs were his.

A police spokesman said packages of cocaine of that size are typically on their way to someone who will break them down into packages that can be sold on the street.

"The narcotics unit is doing a great job," Police Director Sam Jefferson said through a spokesman, Lt. Edgar Martinez. "They're receiving information from residents and they're getting on top of it, they're setting up surveillance and they're actually setting up more arrests now because of interaction between the community and police."

Martinez said investigations into drug deliveries to the Heights are ongoing, and anyone with more information is encouraged to call the police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2007/11/18 11:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017