Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: Attacked, robbed for his beer then attacked again next day by same four men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Unfortunately, I have a great view of thier festivities, considerign i live on the corner of Summit and Newkirk. You are right about the witching hour. I don't get where these guys came from. i've lived in this neightborhood ofr years, and except fotr occasional issues, it's been good. These guys though, are something else. Really aggressive panhandlers. That, and they congregate right by my garage, so I can't get to my car without getting into a conversation.

Posted on: 2007/12/30 17:02

Re: Journal Square: Attacked, robbed for his beer then attacked again next day by same four men

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/1/22 5:55
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the suggestion but fortunately I don't have the best view of the festivities from my window.

Posted on: 2007/11/11 20:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
"They claim they're homeless even though they all sleep in some dumpy building over there, beg for change, drink, piss, sleep and everything all on the sidewalk from 9am - midnight everyday. They get into fights all the time, mostly with each other, cursing and beating the crap out of each other. "

-this sounds like a tv show i'd love to watch.
please videotape them out of your window and post the results on youtube.

Posted on: 2007/11/10 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/22 9:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully if he calls the cops they won't beat him up instead

Posted on: 2007/11/10 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The learning curve is slower for some - maybe he'll call the cops next time he see's them!

Posted on: 2007/11/10 11:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/1/22 5:55
Group:
Registered Users
(my 1st post)

It's just hilarious that cops are "still searching for the four men." I live 1/2 block away from Newkirk & Summit and everybody that lives over there, and the cops know that there are 3-5 of the same men drinking all day on that corner. They claim they're homeless even though they all sleep in some dumpy building over there, beg for change, drink, piss, sleep and everything all on the sidewalk from 9am - midnight everyday. They get into fights all the time, mostly with each other, cursing and beating the crap out of each other.

From 9p-10p is the worse. I call it the witching hour. These guys hound for change ever more desperately since the liquor store around the corner is closing its doors at 10.

BTW, I'm a fairly recent NY transplant and the 10pm liquor store cutoff has not been as big a deal as it may sound to people that don't live in NJ. BUT, I feel that maybe perhaps the law accomplishes a lot more in suburban neighborhoods where you don't have "homeless" or poor alcoholics that hang out on the street. The curfew effectively creates a huge nuisance situation for all who care to venture near a liquor store around 10 p.m. when there's cranky alcoholics swarming around, hawking for change or the booze that will soon dry up until the next morning.

Posted on: 2007/11/10 11:46

Journal Square: Attacked, robbed for his beer then attacked again next day by same four men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Attacked and robbed, then he's hit again

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A 49-year-old man told Jersey City police that four male attackers stabbed him and stole $45 from his wallet Wednesday around 11:30 p.m. after asking him for his beer, reports said.

The next day, around 4 p.m., the Summit Avenue victim spotted his four attackers gathered again at Newkirk Street and Summit Avenue, the scene of the previous day's crime, reports state.

The man told police he approached the four men and asked them why they had attacked and robbed him the day before.

At that point, one of his four attackers punched him in the head, causing a 1-inch laceration and told the victim, "Stay away from the block," reports said.

Police are still searching for the four men.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2007/11/10 10:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017