Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Portside Towers - 155 Washington Street
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Stay far, far away...... They will hit you with extra fees galore. Even for garbage. Management sucks & they don't care. The place is mostly for foreigners who come here for a yr or so & people are always moving in & out like crazy.
Courtyard too is very noisy & echos through the whole complex.
Also Gary, one of the doormen is the biggest jerk you ever want to meet. All the others are great but they know & agree about Gary. He must have some info on someone because he would of been fired years ago. Everyone complains about him.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 12:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
Any new info on this building? I am looking at rentals in the area. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 1:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 12:27
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
great thanks for the info

Posted on: 2009/8/23 15:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Pros: The majority of the management team is awesome; very responsive, helpful, etc. For the most part, the concierges are nice, helpful as well as the maintenance guys. The gym is big, the views from the apartment, location - great.

Cons: The Manager only cares about money and what she can do for the prospective tenants as opposed to the existing ones. The diversity of the tenants can make for very interesting smells coming out the apartments. If you get an older model - be prepared for old appliances that don't always work, the newer ones are much better. They are constantly doing construction on updating the apartments as well as the parking lot. Apparently they do the parking lot around the Montessori School owner's schedule - because she is a squeaky wheel who always gets the grease. Her feelings are most definitely put before actual apartment tenants.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 17:03

Portside Towers

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 12:27
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
anyone know the inside scoop on Portside Towers? The building and amenities look pretty good - I'm thinking of trying to get a 2 bedroom apartment there. If anyone lives there now - I was reading earlier in the year there was construction noise in the mornings - still happening? And how is security? There's two buildings - is one better then the other? Any info would be greatly appreciated. You think its a good place or do you recommend somewhere else? Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/8/22 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 16:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nprosario wrote:
Hi - We were looking into rentals in this facility. We have some questions. ok alot of questions. Let's get started...

a. it has a doorman. How is he? Is he helpful? pleasant? (the last bldg I was in the doormen were having flings with some of the tenants. a few of the women in the bldg would come downstairs drunk and half naked to hang out with the doormen. I dont want to live in a place like this!)

b. maintenance workers - how fast are they at responding? is their work reliable? or do we need to call them back time and time again for the same repairs?

c. bugs/rodents - are there roaches? rats? ants?

d. pets are all over the place. Are the walls thin enough for me to smell the next door neighbors pets?

ok I'd love to hear about your experiences with this bldg/doormen/maintenance workers.

a) There's two towers. I think they want you to call them "concierges". It's 24 hours so there's all different people at different times in the two different towers. I remember "Vanessa" and I loved her to death

b) My one maintenance issue was a slow draining tub, it was fixed in a day.

c) never saw a bug.

d) I think I had a relatively pet-free floor oddly enough. I find it beyond "yech" to even live in an apt with a dog, but yes, they are there, and yes, you do get to ride elevators with giant pitbulls and rotties and yes, as a general rule, everyone is cool about pet cleanup and I never heard barking in my home.

I was only there 6 months before I bought my place, they let me out of lease easily and re-let for $400 more. Food for thought.

Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I lived there for a year. The doormen don't do much. They sign for your packages and get them for you out of the mail room when you come to get them, but that's about it. Never noticed any improper behavior by them with tenants or otherwise. I had some serious structural maintenance issues with my unit that I was unable to get them to properly address, resulting in my moving out even though I generally liked the building. For routine maintenance, service was fine. No bugs or rodents. I never noticed any pet smells, but the doors are not tight against the frames, so you do tend to get general smells coming in from the hallway, which for me meant regularly suffering from foul smelling Indian food.

Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:50

Portside Towers - 155 Washington Street
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
Hi - We were looking into rentals in this facility. We have some questions. ok alot of questions. Let's get started...

a. it has a doorman. How is he? Is he helpful? pleasant? (the last bldg I was in the doormen were having flings with some of the tenants. a few of the women in the bldg would come downstairs drunk and half naked to hang out with the doormen. I dont want to live in a place like this!)

b. maintenance workers - how fast are they at responding? is their work reliable? or do we need to call them back time and time again for the same repairs?

c. bugs/rodents - are there roaches? rats? ants?

d. pets are all over the place. Are the walls thin enough for me to smell the next door neighbors pets?

ok I'd love to hear about your experiences with this bldg/doormen/maintenance workers.

Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017