Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Two late-night daredevils parachuted off the 55-floor of Trump Plaza in Jersey City and got away
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Since none of the Jersey City towers have a public observation deck, maybe we can make this into a cheap tourist attraction -- we could call it "Trump Jump" or something.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/8/14 13:50

Two late-night daredevils parachuted off the 55-floor of Trump Plaza in Jersey City and got away.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2 parachute from Trump construction site

by Lysa Chen
Monday August 13, 2007, 4:43 PM

Two late-night daredevils parachuted off the 55-story Trump Plaza under construction in Jersey City early yesterday morning and made a quick escape before cops arrived, police and a witness told The Jersey Journal today.

Cops responded to a call just before 2 a.m. about two BASE jumpers who had leapt from the building at 88 Morgan St. and landed in the parking lot of 34 Exchange Place, reports said.

BASE jumping is the sport of using a parachute to jump from fixed objects, including towers and cliffs. BASE stands for building, antenna, span and earth, represents the different objects off which people can jump.

Paul Giglio, who works near Trump Plaza, said he was waiting outside for a car to pick him up when he heard "flapping."

"I looked up, and these guys come down," he said. "One landed on a telephone pole, and the other landed right next to him."

Giglio said people started to come out of nearby buildings, and the jumpers, who were struggling to remove their gear, gave up and split.

According to reports, police retrieved one of the two parachutes that was hanging on a wooden pole, but the jumpers had fled south before cops arrived. Security cameras did not show the jumpers entering the building, and security guards said they did not see anybody, cops said.

Dean Geibel, founder of Hoboken-based Metro Homes, which is partnering with Donald Trump to construct the building said it has an elevator that only operates with a key as well as stairs that lead to the top. He said Metro Homes has made sure the area is secure.

"We are building in a community, and we are cautious," he said.

Geibel added that he does not approve of the BASE jumpers' stunt.

"I think it's an irresponsible act, and I am not impressed," he said.

Journal staff writer Jarrett Renshaw contributed to this report.

Posted on: 2007/8/14 13:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017