Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Double" parking next to an empty parking space
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I see this from time to time-- someone decides to double park next to an empty space large enough to accommodate their car instead of pulling into the spot (with and without their hazards on).

Yesterday I was going out to an appt. Somebody double parked behind me in a space large enough to allow someone to drive into it rather than parallel park. The guy parked a little too close to my bumper. To be honest, I might have been able to wriggle out of the space but I'm not going to take the chance I damage his car. So I have to wait. Blow the horn. And wait. Blow the horn and wait some more.

I've never understood this. If you're just running in for a minute, why not just use the parking spot?

Posted on: 2007/7/12 19:53

Re: "Double" parking next to an empty parking space
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I see this from time to time-- someone decides to double park next to an empty space large enough to accommodate their car instead of pulling into the spot (with and without their hazards on).

Yesterday I was going out to an appt. Somebody double parked behind me in a space large enough to allow someone to drive into it rather than parallel park. The guy parked a little too close to my bumper. To be honest, I might have been able to wriggle out of the space but I'm not going to take the chance I damage his car. So I have to wait. Blow the horn. And wait. Blow the horn and wait some more.

I've never understood this. If you're just running in for a minute, why not just use the parking spot?

That's easy, they're both lazy and inconsiderate. I see this all the time, a double parked car is a real hazard when you're cycling on a busy through street like Monmouth. People are too lazy to parallel park, or park and walk a few car lengths rather than double park right in front of their destination. My other favorite is the stop in the middle of traffic to let someone out, in, or to just chat with a passerby.

Posted on: 2007/7/12 20:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 2:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
My other favorite is the stop in the middle of traffic to let someone out, in, or to just chat with a passerby.
That makes me want to kill. KILL.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pointy wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
My other favorite is the stop in the middle of traffic to let someone out, in, or to just chat with a passerby.
That makes me want to kill. KILL.

It's what the horn was invented for.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users