Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Rahway man struck by light rail train in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
By Felix Alarcon/The Jersey Journal

A 28-year-old Rahway man who had his legs dangling off the platform at the Danforth Avenue light rail station in Jersey City was struck by a train this morning around 7 a.m., according to a NJ Transit spokeswoman.

"According to the preliminary investigation, the male was sitting on the (elevated) platform edge with his feet out when it made contact," said NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder. "His feet were dangling off the edge."

The man underwent surgery at the Jersey City Medical Center and was in stable condition this evening, a hospital spokesman said.

"The eight passengers on board were not injured," Snyder said, noting the train was heading south to Bayonne.

The incident remains under investigation, she said.

I am personally surprised that there are not more accidents of this type. I have seen teens skateboarding between the rails at the 9th St. station & kids jumping on & off the platform for fun or sitting there like this young man was. I just don't understand what is going through their heads.

In other light rail news....

Four juveniles were arrested in the aftermath of a fight that broke out aboard a light rail train Saturday night in Jersey City, NJ Transit officials said.

More than 50 teens were involved in the fracas, and in the end, NJ Transit police arrested four juveniles at the Newport Light Rail Station in Jersey City and charged them with resisting arrest, participating in a riot, assaulting an officer, among other charges, said NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder.

The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. and halted light rail service for a couple of hours, Snyder said.

The teens were returning from Hoboken when the fight broke out, she said. No officer was seriously injured.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _police.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/5/5 1:41

Re: Rahway man struck by light rail train in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

A 28-year-old Rahway man who had his legs dangling off the platform at the Danforth Avenue light rail station in Jersey City was struck by a train this morning around 7 a.m., according to a NJ Transit spokeswoman.

"According to the preliminary investigation, the male was sitting on the (elevated) platform edge with his feet out when it made contact," said NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder. "His feet were dangling off the edge."

The man underwent surgery at the Jersey City Medical Center and was in stable condition this evening, a hospital spokesman said.

"The eight passengers on board were not injured," Snyder said, noting the train was heading south to Bayonne.

I am personally surprised that there are not more accidents of this type. I have seen teens skateboarding between the rails at the 9th St. station & kids jumping on & off the platform for fun or sitting there like this young man was. I just don't understand what is going through their heads.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 0:25

Rahway man struck by light rail train in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/4 23:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017