Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

2 saluted for saving woman who fell onto tracks at PATH station in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal

Two "guardian angels" who rescued a woman who fell onto the tracks at the Grove Street PATH station in April were honored as heroes today by Port Authority officials in a ceremony at the Journal Square PATH station.

Neither of the two men who saved the woman from an oncoming train would normally be at the Grove Street station on a Monday afternoon, but fate put them in the right place at the right time on April 22.

"I had to take my mom to the doctor," said one of the heroes, Bayonne resident Stanley Eady. "Normally I don't even take the train, and it's funny because different things throughout the day kept pushing back my time to leave.
"That woman really had some guardian angels."

Eady joined Lalit Moorjani, of Piscataway, on the tracks that day after the woman, who they described as "20-something, healthy and fit" apparently fainted and fell.

"She just fell like a log, and I saw that the train was coming so I just had to get down there to help her," Moorjani said. "It was just a burst of adrenaline and raw energy."

It was later discovered that the woman has a medical condition that causes her to faint. officials said.

"I just heard (Moorjani) shouting for help and rushed over," Eady said. "Now, I'm not the strongest guy, but there wasn't anyone else who was going to help out. It was really something; one minute she was standing there listening to music, the next moment she was on the tracks."

Moorjani added that there were many people on the tracks who looked on in shock, but Eady "was the only one brave enough to step down and help."

The two men said that they had reached out to contact the woman periodically since that day, but she has yet to return any of their calls. She was not present today, and PATH officials said that she was "not available to attend."

Eady said that co-at New York Liquidation Bureau, job, after hearing about the heroic act, have dubbed him the "office Superman."

"Sometimes we really just need to help other people," Eady said. "I guess we do it in hopes that if the same happened to us someone would help."

Both men received certificates of recognition for their "heroism" and "selfless act" from the Port Authority.

"They are true American heroes," said Steven Kingsberry, PATH director. "Their act helps to renew my faith in my fellow man."

Posted on: 2013/7/10 18:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017