Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (zeitgeist101)




Re: Ready, Willing & Able - Canceled contract puts job re-entry program in jeopardy
#1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


what a f%+#ing joke this city is. we should all be ashamed of ourselves that these are the democratically elected officials that "represent" us.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 19:43
 Top 


Re: Jersey City Ward Tour
#2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Just remember to let people know that riding by yourself through some JC wards on bike is not the best idea in the world...

Posted on: 2010/5/1 1:12
 Top 


Re: Travel Show shoots in Jersey City
#3
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I remember this from awhile ago and I was hoping that this was the first of a series that would get funnier as time wore on and the idea was developed. I guess I was wrong. It wasn't un-funny but there were ways to make it way funnier.

Like the "fire helicopters" was a complete missed opportunity to discuss some of the interesting crime that occurs in JC.

The thing about the sculpture being tall because it is a black man was funny but you asked him the question in English yet he responded in Spanish- I don't get it.

I couldn't do any better though. So I still gave you a thumbs up.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 1:07
 Top 


Re: Three-year-old Jersey City tot found wandering streets at 3 a.m.
#4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

But seriously... who doubts that kid is going to end up being a criminal?

Posted on: 2010/4/26 21:39
 Top 


Re: Downtown: Man stabbed and robbed on First and Brunswick going to bar
#5
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


If all the people who disliked crowds of drunks hanging out in the streets all moved to the "burbs" you would have an empty shell of a city.

Of course if only those that disliked crowds of drunks hanging out in the streets and could afford to move to the "burbs" then you would see a lot less white faces in JC.

That is what happened to JC and Newark and a lot of other cities during the 60's and 70's i.e. "white flight." Then you added crack into the mix and things got real bad.

I think that the problem is that the blacks and hispanics resent the gentrification of their neighborhoods (too bad by the way-if the majority had pride in their neighborhoods gentrification would never happen)...and the yuppie/pseudo hipster crowd expect too much from an area that has been economically depressed for a long time and is beginning a slow recovery (tough shit wait it out).

Once all the buildings go condo and/or rents continue to rise there will be some tension. But don't worry, in the end money wins.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 21:36
 Top 


Re: Greenville: Jersey City girl defends her dog from bullies, takes pellet shot in leg
#6
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Bullies is not the word I would have used - what about assault and attempted cruelty to animals.

What's the bet the two boy's parents will not have to pay for the medical bills if they are caught - they will be local kids.

What is sad is as a society, we are more accountable for owning a dog then our kids.

We have to pick-up after our dog, leash our dog, register our dog, be accountable if they bark too much or have a smelly yard (not cleaning the poop) and if they bite - All these failures will cost you a citation or distruction of your dog, yet young 'johnny' can graffiti, vandualize and commit any anti-social behavior at no cost to their parents!


Definitely they should arrest these little sociopaths on assault charges (pellet gun has to count as a weapon-especially in NJ!) when and if they catch them. I think that the girl's dog should be allowed to bite these little freaks.

We should put these two down before they become a burden on the system- or at least make them join the Marines when they turn 18.

At least we know of one little girl who is being raised right.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 15:32
 Top 


Re: Bergen Lafayette: Couple slain in botched carjacking
#7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Violent behavior is idealized in the ghetto...a person like this should come as no surprise to anyone. He should be drug out into the street and shot in the head like the filthy animal he is- before he has a chance to breed, oh wait he probably already has a few kids.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 1:48
 Top 


Re: Luncheonette by the Beacon gets hit - Yeah that Luncheonette!
#8
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


It would be a much better story if Healy was in there when it happened or maybe if Healy was driving the car that hit it...all the while applying copious amounts of pepper to his egg salad.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 0:57
 Top 


Re: Bergen Lafayette: Couple slain in botched carjacking
#9
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
. Quote:

trambone wrote:
Step 1. Remove section 8.
step 2. Reduce amount of public housing offered.
3. Raise property taxes to force rent up.



And what about the people who can't afford to pay higher rents? It would be safe to say that I am middle class. I am single, work two jobs and go to school full-time. If they raised rents then where would I go? Just because I pay a lower rent doesn't mean i'm a bad person. I dont live downtown cause simply put, I cannot afford it. Should Jersey City be only for people who can afford 1200 a month for a studio? I am just curious as to your thought process.


Then that's just too bad. I feel your plight- I am in the same boat but its true that a few bad apples do spoil the bunch. And if that it what it takes to make a community safe for the majority of the population then so be it.

On another note; this is typical of black on black crime. I know I am going to get called a racist but until the African-American Community steps up and takes some responsibility for themselves and their brethren by putting a stop to the glorifying of criminals as role models and their feelings of entitlement this will continue (many of you reading this are thinking the same thing). I know it sounds like it but I am not condemning the whole community-however I am indicting them; we are all (for better or worse) our brother's keeper.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 5:25
 Top 


Re: Man Cuffed For Bringing Unopened Wine On PATH Train
#10
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

zeitgeist101 wrote:
This incident gives us no rational reason to make us believe that we are no longer safe from the people who are charged with our protection.


Only because they proved we are not safe from them long ago.


Not that I disagree, but when and how do you believe that they proved this?

Posted on: 2010/3/25 15:19
 Top 


Re: Man Cuffed For Bringing Unopened Wine On PATH Train
#11
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

betterIN_JC wrote:
Definitely agree with Brewster on this. When laws become arbitrary how can a citizen know when they are safe? What would make the police any different than a gang or the mob? Just watched the movie training day. it really brings out the concept of why a peace officer can think they are doing good and how their views can become distorted in the name of "justice" when really they are hurting those they are charged to protect.


I agree with you that laws should not be arbitrarily enforced or made up on the spot as we go along; constants are a necessity. But we also need to use common sense about what battles we should be fighting.

These cops did not make up this law for one person because they didnt like him or for any other arbitrary reason- they were enforcing a mandate from their superiors that was made public at least a week in advance of this temporary prohibition on bringing alcohol on the train. Did the cops probably give the guy an attitude and perhaps bully him a little? Most likely, after all people who become cops often do so because they want to have power over others. Did this guy act like his civil rights were being violated when all the cops were saying was that they can't make any exceptions to this rule (which the police probably thought was a stupid rule anyway)? Yes he did.

This incident gives us no rational reason to make us believe that we are no longer safe from the people who are charged with our protection. In this case the slippery slope argument is no argument at all.

The guy with the wine is just being indignant because his pride was hurt.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 15:15
 Top 


Re: Man Cuffed For Bringing Unopened Wine On PATH Train
#12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I had the same problem with a bottle of vodka on new year's. cops told me I couldnt bring it on the train because it was new year's (they didnt want people drinking on the train was the reason I think he gave me). so I left the bottle there because I understand their reasoning and did not want to start the new year getting arrested. I didnt call 911 or give the cops a hard time because I understand they probably had to deal with asses like this guy all night long.

This guy could have saved himself a bunch of problems and money if he just put his ego away and left the wine at his friends' house. I have no sympathy for this jackass.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 1:33
 Top 


Re: Garbage on the ground and sidewalks everywhere
#13
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


My favorite thing to see is people walking down the street eating fried chicken and just dropping the bones on the ground or the kid waiting for the bus with a can of soda in his hand that they just drop on the ground when the bus driver tells them that they cant bring it on the bus.

How about we take the people on welfare or unemployment in JC, stick a broom in their hands a couple days a week, and make them clean the streets.

Or it could be part of some sort of high school work study kind of thing that teaches children that just because you throw something out your window that does not mean it goes away- eventually someone has to clean up after you. Make kids clean it and when they have kids they will teach them that littering the streets is not acceptable because they will remember how pissed they got when they had to pick up after others.

Definitely a cultural thing that could easily be changed but won't because there would be all kinds of talk about how it is discriminatory to have certain groups pick up after their communities.

Posted on: 2010/3/23 4:51
 Top 


Re: Lafayette Park: JC police shoot and kill pit bull after dog attacks child
#14
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I wonder if a stun gun would work on a dog? I am sure it would would. I am not suggesting the cops stun the dog, they needed to kill it but what about the mother of the little girl who was attacked? Wonder if that would have helped?

what definiately would have helped would have been to neuther or spay that dog's parents. every time I see a pit or some variation of a pit that dog has its balls. almost all the dogs in the animal shelter down by the liberty science center are pitbulls. how about if the owners dont fix their dogs we fix the owners? shouldn't let these ghetto rats have dogs or cats...they cant control their own reproductive behavior let alone their animals.

Posted on: 2010/3/21 22:56
 Top 


Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man caught with heroin worth $29,000 after deal on street
#15
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


wow that guy is screwed... I almost feel bad for him-almost but not quite.

anyone know how long a jail term that is going to be? I am guessing four thousand years (j/k but I am pretty sure he is going to die in prison.)

Posted on: 2010/3/21 22:47
 Top 


Re: Can anyone recommend an immigration lawyer?
#16
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I guess that's what you get for playing by the rules. I hope it works out for you and he gets to stay. I saw a similar thing happen to a co-worker, she said "screw it" and went back to Japan- but she didn't have the resources to fight it or any other reason to stay.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 10:36
 Top 


Re: Stop using the word "retarded"
#17
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

zeitgeist101 wrote:
You mistake being pompous for being matter of fact (which is understandable) but if you think that it is the passage of time that I think is the issue then there is no purpose to write anything else- you've missed the point.

I usually hear people using peruse to mean they are just glancing at something but what they should be saying is browse.

It would be funny to see what would happen if you called someone a "peruser." If you used it in an insulting tone would they be offended or just confused or both? I think both.


Being irritated by the misuse of a word is fine. Throwing it in with ni--er, fa--ot and retard is silly at best. But that's the kind of thing that does wonders for the liberal agenda. Keep up the good work.


As I said before you have missed the point. As to what any of this has to do with furthering a "liberal agenda" I think you are just confused. Go ahead and get the last word though, I am done with this topic and responding to you.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 10:21
 Top 


Re: Stop using the word "retarded"
#18
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


You mistake being pompous for being matter of fact (which is understandable) but if you think that it is the passage of time that I think is the issue then there is no purpose to write anything else- you've missed the point.

I usually hear people using peruse to mean they are just glancing at something but what they should be saying is browse.

It would be funny to see what would happen if you called someone a "peruser." If you used it in an insulting tone would they be offended or just confused or both? I think both.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 3:52
 Top 


Re: Stop using the word "retarded"
#19
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


And please do not mistake what I said for a conservative rant. I do not believe that nigger and faggot should be used to describe any person. I do however object to removing an effective clinical word from usage based upon sentimentality.

Posted on: 2010/3/11 5:50
 Top 


Re: Stop using the word "retarded"
#20
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I was referring to how words are used without there true meaning being known thus effectively changing the meaning of the word.

So no Peruse was not a typo; to peruse something means to read through with thoroughness or care- this is not how it is normally used. [dictionary.com]

Faggot was originally spelled with only one -g- and referred to a bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel, a fascine, a torch, etc. [dictionary.com]

Nigger could originally be used to refer to anyone who was of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. [dictionary.com]

Psychopath and Sociopath are frequently used interchangeably but they do not mean the same thing, although their meanings are similar (similar means alike, but not the same as one another).

So to answer your question Br6dR ; no I am not "...some... intellectually challenged guy?" you presumptious twit.


Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Teabagger?

Quote:

zeitgeist101 wrote:
Granted it is frequently used to mean something other than its original intended meaning, but so are a lot of words- nigger, faggot, peruse, sociopath, psychotic, etc...



Ah the good old days when ni--er and fa--ot were used in their intended ways.

Peruser? That's an insult?

What'samatter with you? You some kinda... intellectually challenged guy?

Posted on: 2010/3/11 5:37
 Top 


Re: Stop using the word "retarded"
#21
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


this whole issue is retarded.

Certain individuals in society are retarded; that is to say their intellectual, emotional, or physical growth has been stunted (birth defect, brain injury, etc...) in some way making them fall below the average for the remainder of society in certain areas.

Granted it is frequently used to mean something other than its original intended meaning, but so are a lot of words- nigger, faggot, peruse, sociopath, psychotic, etc...

This is what happens when the uneducated are allowed to dictate the vocabulary of those who understand the meanings of words.

Referring to a handicapped child as exceptional or special does them a disservice because it allows society to dismiss their unique needs. All (well most) members of society have value and need to be viewed as they are- not according to some politically correct bullshit.

Posted on: 2010/3/9 3:22
 Top 


Re: Bartending Job Questions for Others
#22
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


On the urging of the WEBMASTER I looked up the legality of hiring based on appearance and it is indeed not illegal just so long as race, age, or gender play a role. I get it that guys go to bars to meet girls (I know I have) and like to have something to look at in the process. But if you can't make a drink you can't make a drink- you can learn but if you are already getting good tips why bother.

I wrote a letter to a bar in Hoboken that was looking for a female bartender and basically told them that if they want to hire someone who looks good standing behind the bar that's great but they should be looking for someone who can run the bar (i.e. handle those who have had too much to drink, save my patrons from harrassing guests who just don't get it, etc..., etc...with decorum and allow everyone to save face in the process). Needless to say I did not get the job.

On a side note I have always found it funny to watch the reactions of the pretty bartenders (boys and girls) when a fight breaks out...if you have to act as your own bouncer you had best be friends with the local police and have some sort of rudimentary knowledge of how to stop the fight before it happens- just look what happened to Snooki (ha ha).

There are PLENTY of awesome female bartenders out there...I am in now way diminshing the abilities of the fairer sex, it just seems that the hiring process is a little skewed in this area.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 16:54
 Top 


Bartending Job Questions for Others
#23
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hi everyone,

Let me first say that this is not a job solicitation or anything (of course if someone wants to hire me great)-it is more of a legal question of sorts I suppose.

A little background is on order first. I am bartender with about 4 years of experience who is currently waiting tables because I can't even get an interview as a bartender.

Anyway I was on Craigslist and I noticed that there are various advertisements for bartending jobs that want your resume and a picture; my question is whether or not this is legal? Is it legal to hire someone based on appearance or to only consider applicants based on appearance?

Additionally, I have noticed that many places advertise for female only bartenders which I get if it is a "gentleman's club" but regualr neighborhood bars and clubs do this too.

Now I can make a good drink and I can make it fast. I am not ugly but I am not Brad Pitt or even that "Situation" retard and I have no desire to go out and get a head shot to sling drinks.

Are there any other Bartenders out there who have experienced this and does anyone have any advice about dealing with this scenario?

Posted on: 2010/3/5 6:26
 Top 


Re: TREEESSSSS!!
#24
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


in reference to your neighbors trees: I dont know how agile/capable you are but you could always see if you could do it yourself and save yourself the inevitable bureaucratic hoops you will no doubt need to jump through.

Posted on: 2010/3/2 23:28
 Top 


Re: The Pier?
#25
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I don't know if I would say that that area is safe because it is just too desolate., after 8:00 (maybe 10:00 during the summer) it is a ghost town-that whole area of downtown is; if some thing happens there will likely be no other witnesses.

Personally it didn't bother me when I left work at 2:00 or 3:00 am and walked to the taxi stand at Grove St. but I don't know your situation. I know I would not be comfortable with my wife walking around alone over
there.

But it is quiet and the views are incredible. If you are comfortable with solitude or don't really go for walks alone at night do it- it is way too easy a commute from there.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 15:03
 Top 


Re: Gold in them thar sewers! Christie blasted the operations of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission
#26
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I can honestly say that I wish I was surprised.

I figured I was not going to like Christie (he looks like a d-bag and he's a republican) but if he tries to reign in this kind of wasteful spending than I can get on board...of course I am sure there is plenty of cronyism in his administration as well.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 14:50
 Top 


Tipping Your Server/Bartender/Delivery Person
#27
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Having read some of the previous posts that touched on this topic I think it deserves its own thread.

Some things to understand about tipping and dealing with your waitstaff in general:

1) we often get paid $2.13/hour so tipping is how we make money- you don't tip we don't eat- please remember that

2) if you don't like the tipping system- too bad, this is the way it is and you are not hurting anyone but the server when you don't tip

3) if you can't afford to leave a tip you can't afford to eat out

4) 18%-20% is now customary- we don't get cost of living increases

5) don't treat us like servants; please be respectful

6) never ever snap your fingers or whistle- you will be lucky if ignoring you is all that happens

7) we have bad days too except we have no choice but to deal with you-you have a bad day you can not come into our restaurant so please don't take it out on us

Anyone else want to add to this please feel free I am sure this list can go on for days.



**And servers-your job is to "serve" if you don't like it do something else-there are always other ways to make money**

Posted on: 2010/2/22 2:08
 Top 


Re: Worst place to live in Hudson County?
#28
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


The first time I heard of New Jersey Monthly was five seconds ago reading this post. I agree that JC is way too big to include downtown or greenvile or the heights with one another. It all depends on who you are-I would say downtown would be the worse because a) I can't afford it and b) there seems to be a lot of people who enjoy complaining down there.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 1:44
 Top 


Re: JCPD arrest 46 in Operation "Wetlands"
#29
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


There are always people that are going to claim anything said is racist...I find it best to just ignore them because they are the first to see "color."

Hanging people does not work that is why states that have the death penalty do not have a substantially lower crime rate-if their crime rate is even lower at all.

I am all for putting down particularly nasty people (in particular child molesters) but in the case of drug crimes it does not address the larger issue.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 1:31
 Top 


Re: 340 Fairmount Ave
#30
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


jersey city is a weird place... you have really nice streets with nice homes and working class people and then you cross kennedy or communipaw or bergen and all of a sudden you are in the hood. I was driving to LSP and some of these brownstones could be incredible but...

Posted on: 2009/12/13 3:33
 Top 



TopTop
(1) 2 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017