Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
17 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 16

Yvonne, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (RickSp)




Re: Governor Murphy
#1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Some of us just read the newspapers instead asking other to read them for us.

Posted on: 2018/2/4 14:18
Top


Re: Best Burger in Jersey City
#2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


The White Star makes a very fine burger.

The one Park Tavern burger I had was OK. I may have been slightly disappointed because I had heard the Park Tavern burger praised so highly. Or maybe they were just having a bad night.

The burger at the newly opened Kitchen Step was delicious.

We have tried Left Bank twice and was not impressed by the burgers either time.

Posted on: 2016/2/23 19:15
Top


Re: Chick-fil-A Newport Mall
#3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Organic food isn’t the end-all-be-all, but to claim that it is going to make you sick is a bit severe.


I never claimed that organic food will you make you sick. I just linked to two articles which point out that organic foods have made people sick.

So many of the beneficial claims made for organic foods are either fictional or simply bad science. Organic foods may have lower levels of residual pesticides but also a potentially higher risk of ecoli contamination. Ingesting trace amounts of pesticides may not be good for you but ecoli can kill you.

In either case, whether of not Chick Fil A uses "organic chicken," whatever that may mean these days, in order to attract the young and gullible has no impact on my decision not to patronize the restaurant. As I said before, I'll stick to Popeyes.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 14:24
Top


Re: Chick-fil-A Newport Mall
#4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Really? Is it just a coincidence that JCMan8 heaps praise on Chik- Fil -A, which is owned by a gay-hating bigot? Sure. And I've got a bridge for sale......

Posted on: 2016/1/15 12:39
Top


Re: Chick-fil-A Newport Mall
#5
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away



Posted on: 2016/1/14 18:07
Top


Re: McNair Academic High School - racial quota
#6
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Adonis wrote:

I'm sorry you don't want the top 25% of white students go to the best school we have. I'm sorry you don't want the top 25% of all the students go to the best school we have period.

That's the problem with these liberals. They're all against racism unless it's detrimental to their favored race. Equality indeed.



You appear to either have a problem with basic math or with the idea that all groups who make up this very diverse city should have a reasonable shot at getting into a magnent school. But conservatives are like that.

Posted on: 2015/12/29 0:00
Top


Re: McNair Academic High School - racial quota
#7
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Once again the bigots have crawled out from under their respective rocks. Not surprising.

As the father of two sons who both graduated from McNair, I can say that they got a fine high school education that prepared them well for college.

The school's selection process seems to work reasonably well. The school reflects the diversity of the Jersey City. Not only is there nothing wrong with that, it is one of the better things about the school. The selection process results in students from a range of cultures, religions and ethnicities, all of whom are excited about learning.

Posted on: 2015/12/28 18:57
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Speaking of terrorism, Trump, through his blatant and repeated lies, including his claims about Jersey City, is encouraging bigotry and violence. No wonder the white supremacists and neo-Nazis love him.

Donald Trump supporter arrested with bomb in California after threatening Muslims

‘Passionate’ Trump fans behind homeless man’s beating?

White supremacist groups see Trump bump

Donald Trump event turns into KKK rally as he encourages white attendees to assault black protester

And on and on.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 18:36
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#9
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


So the police reports said that ..... Oh, no police reports were filed ... because the cops must not have considered it important to report such a thing ..... immediately after 9/11. Sure, I believe that one.

And now a retired police captain comes forward 14 years later and 'splains it all to us. Sure. Gotta be true.

Still nowhere close to the "thousands and thousands" that Trump claimed he personally saw, but then Trump supporters don't care about annoying things like facts.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:42
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#10
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The takeaway from nj.com is that Trump exaggerated about the Muslim celebrations, and that Fulop lied about them.


Bullshit. There was no exaggeration. Trump lied and keeps lying. If you are incapable of distinguishing between a claim of the comb-over personally witnessing "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating and anecdotal accounts of a handful of celebrants, there isn't much hope for you.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:21
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Politifact 2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

Quote:
In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll. But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy.

To the candidate who says he’s all about winning, PolitiFact designates the many campaign misstatements of Donald Trump as our 2015 Lie of the Year.

When it comes to inaccurate statements, the Donald was on fire:

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," he said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." Pants on Fire. There is no video of thousands of people in Jersey City cheering. Weeks later, Trump continues to stand by his claim but has not been able to point to evidence to back it up. Public safety officials on the ground in New Jersey say it never happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:56
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#12
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


So, to sum up, Trump's statement: "Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering,” is a bald-faced lie. Period.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:20
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#13
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Of course happened, this was reported by Pablo Guzman during 9/11. The worse liar, is the person who denies the evidence. When this story was posted on JJ, a number of people who I don't know, also responded, saying they saw celebrations in JC. This happened in NYC as reported by the former mayor and the FBI has reports on JC. Just because you did not see something, it doesn't mean it did not happened. The world does not revolve around what you see.


Bullshit Yvonne. The Guzman report was hearsay that was investigated and nothing was ever found. There are no FBI reports about celebrations in Jersey City. Crazy Rudy did make claims about a donut shop in Brooklyn. All bullshit.

Bottom line, you prefer your bigotry to the facts.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 15:10
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#14
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
[quote]
A liar is a person who distorts the truth. I have always stuck to the truth even if that truth comes from a person you do not like. Let me repeat, Trump exaggerated about the numbers, but not the facts.


What total and complete nonsense! Trump lied, openly, brazenly and repeatedly. He said that he personally witness thousands and thousands of people celebrating in Jersey City. That is no exaggeration. That is a shameless lie.

By the way, I do not think that anyone here ever suggested that absolutely no one could have possibly celebrated in New York or Jersey City. It is a fact, however, that there is zero documented evidence for the claim and all the bullshit rumors and hearsay gossip are not evidence.


Posted on: 2015/12/8 14:32
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#15
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Planned Parenthood was busted for selling baby parts, then denied it, then decided to stop doing it. Oopsie.


Bullshit. Repeating the same stupid and vile lie doesn't make it any more true. I suppose if you believe the deceptively edited videos designed to smear Planned Parenthood, you would also believe a rodeo clown like Trump.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:03
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#16
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

When you review history, you must understand the source, for the US it is western civilization written through the lens of the Protestant Reformers who were anti-papist during the middle ages.


OK, Yvonne, except that the Protestant Reformation began after the Middle Ages notionally ended. Your rosy spin on the Crusades is also amusing.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 16:54
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#17
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]

I'd love to see if you were this obsessed over Hillary's many, many lies. Somehow I doubt it.


So lame and predictable. I am only surprised that you didn't mention Benghazi. The Republican clown circus has wasted many millions of dollars on their anti-Hillary witchhunt. And no doubt more waste is yet to come.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 13:19
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#18
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


To briefly step away from the Muslim-bashing bigotry and address the original thread topic, here is an article in which folklorist looks into the origin of Trump's big lie.

How the lie that American Muslims cheered on 9/11 began

Posted on: 2015/12/6 23:10
Top


Re: Best Oysters in JC?
#19
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


We had good oysters at Battello.

Posted on: 2015/12/6 15:32
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#20
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Speaking of Trump and Putin and since the thread is about Trump's lies, one of my favorite Trump lies is that Trump "got to know [Putin] very well because we were both on ’60 Minutes, we were stablemates, and we did very well that night.”

Of course, Putin and Trump were 4,666 miles apart. Each man was interviewed separately Trump was in his New York penthouse and Putin was in Moscow.

Quote:
Donald Trump implied he had met Russian President Vladimir Putin in the course of taping an episode of CBS’ “60 Minutes” in which they were both interviewed — but the two men were interviewed separately, in different countries.

“I got to know him very well because we were both on ’60 Minutes,’ we were stablemates, and we did very well that night,” Trump said during the Republican debate hosted by Fox Business Network and the Wall Street Journal on Nov. 10.

The two did appear on the same “60 Minutes” episode, which aired on Sept. 27. But journalist Charlie Rose traveled to Moscow for the two-hour interview with Putin, and Trump was interviewed by Scott Pelley in Trump’s Fifth Avenue penthouse in Manhattan.


Trump vs. Fiorina: Who Knows Putin Best?

Posted on: 2015/12/5 16:05
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#21
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I guess you don't post much here if you think I'm a Trump guy, lol.


You obviously do not tell the truth very often so it was a natural assumption. My mistake.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 19:30
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#22
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:


Incorrect. The mayor of NY, the chief of police of NY, and a zillion people noted some Muslims celebrating.


Obviously a Trump supporter, because that is an outright lie. Interesting, that "thousands and thousands" isn't enough for you. You insist on "zillions". Pathetic.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 19:02
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#23
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Anyone who wants to label Trump as delusional must also label Mrs. Clinton as the same, no? After all, she claimed to be dodging bullets upon landing in Bosnia, when in fact she was greeted by a young woman who wrote her a poem. Chelsea was alongside her.


The standard fallback among conservatives when backed into a corner...."Well, what about Hillary?" I am surprised you didn't mention Benghazi.

Unlike the clown with the combover who keeps repeating the same bald-faced lie, Hillary admitted she was wrong. That is the difference between being an adult and being Donald Trump.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 17:55
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#24
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
So you [Yvonne] do acknowledge that Trump is a stone cold liar...


Perhaps he wasn’t lying at all. Have you considered the possibility that that for certain aspects of his world view, he simply isn’t capable of making a significant distinction between objective and subjective reality? If he didn’t genuinely believe he is correct and justified in making all kinds of ridiculous statements, the embarrassment of being so profoundly off could be too much to bear. I don’t think he was lying per se, but what may be going on in his mind could be far more complex and potentially dangerous than simple dishonesty.


So you are suggesting that Trump is a delusional psychopath? Certainly possible.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 16:56
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#25
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Is there a problem with your reading skills? I said more than once, there are two exaggerations, what Trump said and the people denying we had celebrations in JC. I said more than once, JC probably follower what Mayor Giuliana said, "There were pockets of celebrations." It was probably located to Westside Avenue and Journal Square which is not thousands of people.


LOL. I am not worried about my reading skills and I will not comment on yours.

By the way, the candy store that Giuliani referred to was not in Jersey City and there is considerable doubt as to whether any celebration took place or whether that was the excuse used by local kids to beat up a Muslim.

So you do acknowledge that Trump is a stone cold liar when he claims that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2015/12/3 15:02
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#26
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Here is a clip on JC & 9/11 from the Hudson County View.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/911-cbs-r ... -the-roof-in-jersey-city/


So even if this unsubstantiated rumor is true, which I doubt, would you agree that Trumps claim that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City is an outright lie?

Posted on: 2015/12/3 12:51
Top


Re: Cop's Anti Muslim Tirade on Facebook
#27
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away



Posted on: 2015/12/2 21:08
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#28
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I don't need to validate what my neighbor told me 14 years ago, but others do. No, there was not thousands, there were incidents similar to what Mayor Guiliana said some neighborhoods in NYC.


And I certainly don't need to believe what you claim that your neighbors told you 14 years ago. I heard many rumors repeated as fact on 9/11 which were later shown to be false. Lacking all other evidence, I refuse to believe secondhand gossip or hearsay.

And I see that you agree that when Trump claimed that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City, he was lying.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 18:26
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#29
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Bernard Kerik had FBI reports. OPRA the reports.


You first.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 17:18
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
#30
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So someone has an affair then their information is false. I remember many people defending President Clinton saying what he did in his private life does not affect his presidency. The reason I bring this up because there are two extremes. The first extreme is Trump, his insistence on thousands of people but the second extreme is to deny there was no celebrations. While they did not have his face, a reporter was saying last night, the chief of Paterson police did admit to some celebrations. I am sure if someone did an OPRA on the FBI on 9/11, that information would be available.


LOL. Bernie did a bit more than have an affair, Yvonne. The man is a convicted liar, thief and now an ex-con out on probation.

Bernard Kerik

Quote:
On November 5, 2009, Kerik pleaded guilty to eight felony tax and false statement charges,[35] and surrendered at the U.S. minimum security prison camp in Cumberland, Maryland, on May 17, 2010. He was discharged from federal custody on October 15, 2013, after serving 5 months home confinement. Bernard Kerik is serving additional penalty of three years probation (Federal Supervised Release) and current owes the USA over $180,000 criminal restitution on which he pays $1000/monthly .

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:48
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017