Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (ThePythia)




Re: Montgomery Towers Co-op
#1
Newbie
Newbie


My understanding about these coops is that they are owned primarily by their "coop board." I had a client get as far into the procedure of buying one as going to a coop board meeting. Turns out the Metropolis Towers are less than 30% owner/occupied. The other 70% of units are owned by this "coop board." Thus, more than 70% of the building is tenant occupied. Banks will lend on a minimum of 50% owner occupancy.

Coops are becoming obsolete and are not being established anymore. At Metroplolis Towers, the board is pushing for the building to be condoed. Then they can sell their units off, whatever the occupancy ratio. Right now, in these buildings, units can only be purchased with cash. It's too bad. The ammenities and views are nice.

Rachel, Weichert Realtors
(201) 780-7031

Posted on: 2005/12/5 16:04
 Top 



TopTop






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017