Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 54

Yvonne, Mao, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (TonyTwoPoops)




Re: Jersey City marketing campaign: ‘Make It Yours’
Home away from home
Home away from home


How many times are people going to write the same stupid article?? People were already moving here before that dumb campaign started. Anyone trying to take credit for the simple fact that people are being priced out of Manhattan and Brooklyn and naturally looking for cheaper housing close by is ridiculous.

Posted on: 2015/7/7 13:47
 Top 


Re: How to dispose of treadmill
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Yardl3y wrote:
Hi all, need to dispose of a broken treadmill in the Heights area. What to do?


Put it in your front yard it will be gone in 10 minutes.


And put a piece of paper with "FREE" on it.

Or, you can try:
- there's a facebook group called SwapJC
- post on Craigslist

I've done both with free stuff in the past, and people really, really love FREE stuff!



What kind of asshole puts a FREE sign on a broken treadmill so that someone else can lug it home and then find out it doesn't work??

Posted on: 2015/6/30 16:08
 Top 


Re: New Residents..Stop Calling Police on Bars & Silencing Church Bells
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
On the topic of drivers slowing down at intersections- what else are you supposed to do now that it's law that pedestrians have the right of way if there's no traffic light? I slow down at corners without stop signs on local streets because I'm looking out for pedestrians that have the right of way. It's basically up to the driver to spot the pedestrian since technically they are now allowed to wander into the road at any point as long as they are within the crosswalk.

Not disagreeing with this being annoying but that's my guess for why drivers are yielding even when they don't have the stop sign.


Ummm, this has always been the law for pedestrian right of way. What makes you think its new?


Not new but they only actually started enforcing it and ticketing drivers within the past couple of years. Which resulted in this kind of lunacy for local police that had nothing better to do-

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crime ... pedestrian-decoy-1.581791

There was definitely a lot of publicity on them finally enforcing it (maybe a little more than two years ago?) but now I see plenty of cops roll by me while I stand in the crosswalk waiting for someone to finally stop.

ETA: Actually it was a new law (specifically about right of way at marked and unmarked crosswalks) according to this government site http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/pedsafety/

Posted on: 2015/6/21 23:23
 Top 


Re: New Residents..Stop Calling Police on Bars & Silencing Church Bells
Home away from home
Home away from home


On the topic of drivers slowing down at intersections- what else are you supposed to do now that it's law that pedestrians have the right of way if there's no traffic light? I slow down at corners without stop signs on local streets because I'm looking out for pedestrians that have the right of way. It's basically up to the driver to spot the pedestrian since technically they are now allowed to wander into the road at any point as long as they are within the crosswalk.

Not disagreeing with this being annoying but that's my guess for why drivers are yielding even when they don't have the stop sign.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 22:31
 Top 


Re: Jersey City Mayor Seeks to Limit Chain Stores Downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home


Oh my god you people need to get over it. You realize Madame Claude's doesn't care because it's now being regulated right? That was the whole point in moving it to the lot by their restaurant.

The Farmers Market is not the same thing as a group of unregulated food trucks so stop lumping it in with your whiny, tired arguement in an attempt to make it a valid complaint. No one is complaining about anyone trying to take away produce- they are complaining about floating traveling restaurants taking up shop in areas where brick and mortar stores are paying a whole lot of money to contribute to the neighborhood.

Speak for yourself on what the "community" wants. A lot of us want shops and restaurants that are here 24/7 to stay in a business. Those businesses are happy with the food trucks setting up on a Saturday in a lot because it means it's regulated- which is what everyone on that list was asking for! I'm sure you'll just continue repeating yourself and refusing to comprehend this logic because...empanadas!

Posted on: 2015/5/16 17:52
 Top 


Re: Ahris Kitchen: Korean food in downtown Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:
Haven't posted in quite some time on here, but I felt compelled to break my silence because this place is excellent! I've dined in once and ordered another time via fastboydelivery.com- both times were fantastic. I can wholeheartedly recommend the seafood fritters, the spicy tuna roll, the spicy pork , and the bulgolgi. Come hungry.


Are there side dishes included with those? Seems pricey if not.



Should come with a whole variety of 'ban chan' but looking at the pics it is only a tiny small assed serving of kimchee.

Place looks like a hack joke of what the real deal is.

Hope they did not lock into a long lease as there are folks like myself who cant count the times I've thrown down in Korea for real local food and rocked Flushing Queens for some BiBi Smack down when in the mood.




That's pretty cool that you go all the way to Korea for authentic food, going to Flushing must be a cake walk. I'm the same way myself. I go to Maine whenever I have a craving for lobster and then hit up Vermont for a real throw down on maple syrup and sharp cheddar when I'm in the mood. The only way people like us can get the best is to be a douchebag about it.



Posted on: 2015/5/13 18:42
 Top 


Re: Food Truck Saturdays in the Heart of the Village
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Phillip Santella, who's been working at Madame Claude for six years and sampled some of the food trucks' eats, thought the food truck rally was good for the neighborhood.
"Businesses bring businesses," said Santella, a Jersey City resident. "People over there can see us, and people over here can see them...We're established. They're not a threat."


bingo.



it's nice to see a business who gets it.


Way to be deliberately obtuse. They "get it" because it's now being regulated in a way that (I'm assuming -because no one is complaining) most seem fair. I'm also pretty sure that Tender Shoots and P&K did complain but I'm going by what was mentioned in the other thread.


Posted on: 2015/5/12 17:15
 Top 


Re: Cops posed as customers to bust open air drug market in Hoboken, authorities say
Home away from home
Home away from home


How has this not happened yet at the "open air drug market" bodega on Newark Ave and Barrow?? There's no reason anyone would be driving their car to run into that bodega at random hours of the night. It's so obvious! I have no idea how that place hasn't been busted yet.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 17:07
 Top 


Re: Downtown Jersey City businesses take on local farmers market
Home away from home
Home away from home


Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/5/4 23:32
 Top 


Re: Downtown Jersey City businesses take on local farmers market
Home away from home
Home away from home


I have a feeling the ten people bitching about food trucks going away on JClist will have little to no effect on the restaurants that chose to voice their TOTALLY VALID complaints about the food court that was opening up twice a week. I occupied the farmers market as much as the restaurants and I would rather lose the farmers markets food trucks than lose the restaurants that actually made the effort to set up shop downtown. I don't know how anyone who has lived here more than a couple of years can be so quick to turn on restaurants that decided to invest in this area when we had very little to start with.

There is such a sense of entitlement coming across in these posts. If I had a business I busted my ass for I would be fighting for it too. Everyone complains about how long it takes to open a business here but when a brick and mortar store actually tries to- gee I don't know stay in business? - you can't wait to get your pitchforks over someone taking away your empanadas. A local business doesn't exist solely to cater to everyone's individual needs- they are trying to run a business and make a living too.

I've never seen so many grown adults be deliberately obtuse over the differences between food trucks and running an actual restaurant. If anything this entire thread has made me want to go to Two Boots every day. I can't wait to see how long everyone's "boycott" lasts.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 16:47
 Top 


Re: Possible wedding venue?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Or just report them to the city via the website. It's super easy. No one should have to remind their neighbor that their walk is supposed to be shoveled so I wouldn't bother with the courtesy of letting them know face to face that you have a problem with it.


Posted on: 2015/3/3 22:03
 Top 


Re: Downtown Jersey City businesses take on local farmers market
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
[quote]


2: Two Boots guy, I kind of agree with you, but you should have learned by now that you should NEVER get into arguments with people on JCList especially when it comes to defending your business, because no matter how well put your argument is, it's always going to fan the flames (check the Taqueria thread for entertainment). Just stay away from JCList and never come back, it's not worth the trouble.

Yep! +1


+100.
Next thing you know, Two Boots Guy, you'll be blamed for parking problems in JC. And the crappy post office. Just go about your business.


I think most reasonable people completely understand where Two Boots and other downtown businesses are coming from but the only people posting are those that can't get over how "unfair" it is to them as a consumer. I frequented the food trucks as well but I would much rather support the brick and mortar stores who took the risk and actually opened a business downtown. This whole notion of boycotting every business downtown over food trucks just sounds so bratty and ridiculous- you are literally throwing a temper tantrum over empanadas. Get a grip!

Posted on: 2015/2/24 21:22
 Top 


Re: Best JC Breakfast Sandwich?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
But you obviously don't have the ability to even read a few posts ahead to see what I'm referring to so maybe I'm wrong!


No I do, and I did. Just seemed natural for people to throw 8's on here since there are very few 7's.

FYI, old threads get bumped all the time. In those cases people might contribute new information about the original subject.


The point of the OP's question was to find a place that was open before 8- it actually makes no sense to throw in places that open after 8 unless you just love the sound of your own fingers typing. Your "FYI" to me was actually covered in the first sentence of my last reply so I'm guessing you just really like that sound more than actually reading what you are replying to.

Posted on: 2015/2/6 16:04
 Top 


Re: Best JC Breakfast Sandwich?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure OP is aware of places that serve breakfast in JC and is specifically looking for someone that is open before 8 am on a weekend. Second Street doesn't even open until 9 am. Most breakfast places open at 8 am- that's the entire point of this post. Why is everyone listing recommendations and then observing the fact that they open at 8??


Because this is a "Best JC Breakfast Sandwich?" thread. Also, since there are limited choices at 7, for that particular question people are listing 8's as well in case fraulein has the ability to eat a breakfast sandwich after 7:59.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!


The thread was only resurrected and added to an already existing thread because someone asked the question "where can I get a breakfast sandwich on a weekend before 8 am?". That is why everyone keeps ending their recommendation with "but they open at 8". Downtown isn't that big- I can't imagine anyone who lives here (who obviously has access to the Internet) coming to this thread just so people can list all the deli's by their house for them. But you obviously don't have the ability to even read a few posts ahead to see what I'm referring to so maybe I'm wrong!

Posted on: 2015/2/6 2:11
 Top 


Re: Best JC Breakfast Sandwich?
Home away from home
Home away from home


I'm pretty sure OP is aware of places that serve breakfast in JC and is specifically looking for someone that is open before 8 am on a weekend. Second Street doesn't even open until 9 am. Most breakfast places open at 8 am- that's the entire point of this post. Why is everyone listing recommendations and then observing the fact that they open at 8??

Posted on: 2015/2/4 18:06
 Top 


Re: Puccini Sold
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
A friend had an event cancel that was due in January. The owners said they sold the property. I called a public official, who I will not name. .


And you needed to reveal the purchase price why?


Why not? Many things are public documents, I am sure the developer will ask for an abatement and the selling price will be part of the ordinance.


because it's tacky and there's no reason to disclose it any more than it has to be?


Who cares??? It's public knowledge. You've got to be kidding if you think it's tacky to talk about how much property is being sold for to developers. Its not like we're all sitting around here wondering how much someone spent on a wedding. Get a grip and try to think of something better to pick on Yvonne for.




Exactly. Who cares? So then why post it? I'm just curious, there must be a reason.


I think it's pretty obvious why people who are property owners in JC would be interested in how much property in the area is selling for.

Posted on: 2015/1/16 16:23
 Top 


Re: The Dopeness
Home away from home
Home away from home


The food is horrible here. I also see the owners going back and forth to Key Foods all the time. It seems like all their effort went into decorating the place instead of making sure they actually served food people want to eat. Most people were going there strictly for the BYOB element and not much else. They did have a great open mic going for awhile.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 16:06
 Top 


Re: Puccini Sold
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
A friend had an event cancel that was due in January. The owners said they sold the property. I called a public official, who I will not name. .


And you needed to reveal the purchase price why?


Why not? Many things are public documents, I am sure the developer will ask for an abatement and the selling price will be part of the ordinance.


because it's tacky and there's no reason to disclose it any more than it has to be?


Who cares??? It's public knowledge. You've got to be kidding if you think it's tacky to talk about how much property is being sold for to developers. Its not like we're all sitting around here wondering how much someone spent on a wedding. Get a grip and try to think of something better to pick on Yvonne for.



Posted on: 2015/1/14 15:48
 Top 


Re: Used furniture store
Home away from home
Home away from home


DWR is still crazy expensive- it's more like instead of paying $800 for a chair its only $600 because it has a broken leg.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 19:51
 Top 


Re: Used furniture store
Home away from home
Home away from home


Seconding Thrftique- the guy who runs it is great. I've gone there infrequently over the past few years and they always have furniture that I wish I could fit in my car.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 16:33
 Top 


Re: Downtown Jersey City businesses take on local farmers market
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I tried calling Two Boots of Jersey City for more insight on Aaron Morrill's logic about the outdoor market, food trucks and the supposed unfair competition they create and he's never been in the store when I call (I try to call at non-mealtimes). The employees say he's rarely in the store at all, just once a week usually.

Also, he claims Two Boots is a "local" business employing only local residents and using local contractors (which I have a hard time believing, but okay), yet when I look on the Two Boots website, I see locations all over New York City, and also in Nashville, Baltimore and Los Angeles. Seems like a pizza chain that has the whole country pretty well covered. Certainly not limited to just Jersey City. By his logic, the McDonald's across the street from the Grove Street PATH should be considered a "local" business too. Ibby's has a better case in that department - they only have one other store and it's elsewhere in New Jersey.

"Local business" my ass.


You sound....kind of nuts. He's not obligated to take some random person from an online forum's phone calls to hear everything you've already stated on this board. He's also already addressed the other locations with you and decided to remove himself from the thread. Let it go dude! People like you are the reason I would never engage in a forum like this if I were a business owner. Save your angst for community meetings or in a public forum where it's appropriate.

Personally I enjoy all the food trucks and vendors. I also see the point being made by local business's. I'd be disappointed if the trucks and food vendors were forced out on a permanent basis so I hope some kind of resolution can be reached- possibly just a matter of regulating how long/how many vendors can be there?

Posted on: 2014/10/27 17:42
 Top 


Re: Old building on Newark may fall. Street Closed
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Stringer wrote:
Newark Avenue building appears to be stabilized after fears of collapse in Downtown Jersey City

By Yueh Ho | The Jersey Journal
October 14, 2014 at 11:25 PM

The masonry building that was in danger of collapse in Downtown Jersey City appears to be stabilized, as the tape separating pedestrians from the portion of Newark Avenue between Grove and Barrows streets has been removed.

According to an official at the scene, evacuated residents are now being allowed back into their homes.

City officials were notified of a potential problem with the Newark Avenue building that is the future home of the Hard Grove Cafe shortly after 3:30 this afternoon, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said this evening.

The building was deemed safe and it and seven other buildings on the block were evacuated, she said. The street was closed to both traffic and pedestrians.

Later, a stream of dump trucks brought dirt to the vacant lot next door, where construction had been going on earlier.

The closure of part of Newark Avenue took a toll on local businesses, however, as the street was closed off during peak business hours.

"The street is closed (since) almost 3 o' clock," said Babu Haque of Mo's Deli, located near Barrow Street. "The street is closed and nobody can come and this is the business at peak hour. So you know, the store is empty right now."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ars_to_be_stabilized.html


Isn't this the deli that constantly has sketchy people hanging out in front as well as folks coming and going at all hours for "buttered rolls"? would love to hear what kind of business he lost the few hours the street was closed.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 5:24
 Top 



TopTop
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017