Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (WhoElseCouldIBe)




Re: God belongs on the streets in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Asif wrote:
I think people are being a bit overly critical on this topic. According to our constitution they have done nothing wrong. All they did was exercise their rights.

We have had parades or marches on a number of issues....and MOST do exactly what these folks did ....which is put one foot after the other and MARCH. The only reason people are getting so worked up is the addition of prayer. If we substituted the action of prayer with a moment of silence....this topic would not even garner a little attention and would soon fade away from the forum section.

One last thing. Most people on here are decent folks and I am sure most of you are surrounded by good people. And you all know how hard it is to get even friends and family organized for a simple get together. The fact that people even carried this off...is commendable.


According to rationality, they're doing it wrong.

Posted on: 2012/4/4 2:36
Top


Re: What does Downtown Jersey City need in a new restaurant?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Enitsirk67 wrote:
I would really like to see some healthy options (NOT SALADS!). I am studying to be a dietitian, I cook dinner for my boyfriend and I every night. Sometimes, life gets hectic and I would prefer to order food, but I have no options. I like Gypsy Grill/Ibby's or Subia's even though I am not vegan. But, what else is there?

Since I am such a nut about food, I am truly disgusted with the dining in Jersey City, quality, creativity, cleanliness. I've actually waitressed at a few restaurants, who shall remain nameless, and I guarantee you, it's nasty (nicer restaurants) you'd be surprised, I've brought up sanitation issues to them, and they Don't care!

I just really wish I had some clean eating, you know, real food, made thoughtfully, healthfully, perhaps something that still has some nutrients left in it after you're done with it. I really feel desperate, I often wonder how I live in such a great city, with such bad food?

Help!

P.S. No more sandwiches...Please


like wut tho

Posted on: 2012/3/26 1:03
Top


Re: our lady of garbage night -- votive saints around JC
Home away from home
Home away from home


LIKE.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 20:49
Top


Re: Governor Christie halts new train tunnel into Manhattan due to cost overun
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

moobycow wrote:
The Federal Gov't as a percentage of GDP was actually trending down for a good long while right up until it all went to hell and the recent uptick in government size as a % of GDP is all due to receivables.

http://www.supportingevidence.com/Gov ... ercent_GDP_over_time.html

Lots and lots has gone wrong in this country in recent times, but little is due to the government just getting bigger. Bad government is a big problem but lots and lots of places get by just fine with larger governments that are better run than ours.

IMO our problems have more to due with bad government that anything else. Unfortunately, whether due to bad design or corruption or whatever just about all government in the US is bad government in recent times. It's not like that everywhere.


If our gov't is bad, shouldn't we want less, not more?

Posted on: 2012/3/25 16:20
Top


Re: Governor Christie halts new train tunnel into Manhattan due to cost overun
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:
Funny, isn't it - how the Swiss can have a very strong economy, and a history of surviving in the middle of the cesspool that is Europe - through TWO world wars, - while having the government based on a VERY strong federative principles.


You mention things things like "federative principles" and "strong economy" that have nothing to do with "surviving TWO world wars".

The main reason they survived two world wars is the terrain. They're almost completely mountainous and incredibly hard to invade. Their politics had somewhere between very little and nothing at all to do with it.


It's ironic - the US also has a terrain that makes it extremely easy to defend itself. And yet, we find ourselves attacking more countries than any other in this generation. Things that make you go hmmm... -_-

As for the economy, borisp does have a point in that America's economy grew while the Fed was much smaller than it was now. It's hard to argue that a centralized economy is good for business. The Fed is stronger than it's even been now and our economy is also declining..

Posted on: 2012/3/25 13:35
Top


Re: Goldman Sachs on Jersey City waterfront 'tense' after negative remarks by departing executive
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TaZMaNiO wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

None of this is new info, though..


It is an official publication released last week by the Dallas Branch of the Federal Reserve, and the language is beyond damning for a banking institution of its caliber...

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Perhaps, just perhaps, cracks are forming in the glass ceiling


Right, but what I meant was, what the Dallas Fed said was already known. They'll get overridden by TPTB, anyway.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 3:38
Top


Re: Goldman Sachs on Jersey City waterfront 'tense' after negative remarks by departing executive
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TaZMaNiO wrote:
Oops...maybe there was good reason to be "tense" after all?

Could it be the jig is up?!?

Dallas FED...Choosing the Road to Prosperity: Why We Must End Too Big to Fail--Now

Quote:
TBTF: A Perversion of Capitalism An unfortunate side effect of the government’s massive aid to TBTF banks has been an erosion of faith in American capitalism.

Ordinary workers and consumers who might usually thank capitalism for their higher living standards have seen a perverse side of the system, where they see that normal rules of markets don’t apply to the rich, powerful and well-connected.

Here are some ways TBTF has violated basic tenets of a capitalist system:

Capitalism requires the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. Hard work and good decisions should be rewarded. Perhaps more important, bad decisions should lead to failure—openly and publicly. Economist Allan Meltzer put it this way: “Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin.”

Capitalism requires government to enforce the rule of law. This requires maintaining a level playing field. The privatization of profits and socialization of losses is completely unacceptable. TBTF undermines equal treatment, reinforcing the perception of a system tilted in favor of the rich and powerful.

Capitalism requires businesses and individuals be held accountable for the consequences of their actions. Accountability is a key ingredient for maintaining public faith in the economic system.

The perception—and the reality—is that virtually nobody has been punished or held accountable for their roles in the financial crisis. The idea that some institutions are TBTF inexorably erodes the foundations of our market-based system of capitalism.


OOooohhhH Boy! Things are about to get interesting


None of this is new info, though..

Posted on: 2012/3/22 0:25
Top


Re: Woman's screams foil carjacking attempt, say Jersey City police
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

user1111 wrote:
There are ghetto people all over this city, they have been here way b4 u got here.. and even downtown, no lightrail needed. I lived in DM for many years and all I saw on Newark ave was ghetto with some yuppies thrown in. Those who assume they are safe because they are downtown are fools.


Ok? Still gonna live my life, though.

Posted on: 2012/3/21 3:06
Top


Re: In New Jersey, a Battle Over a Fluoridation Bill - fluoride will be added to Jersey City water
Home away from home
Home away from home


The following nations previously fluoridated their water, but stopped the practice, with the years when water fluoridation started and stopped in parentheses:

Federal Republic of Germany (1952–1971)
Sweden (1952–1971)
Netherlands (1953–1976)
Czechoslovakia (1955–1990)
German Democratic Republic (1959–1990)
Soviet Union (1960–1990)
Finland (1959–1993)
Japan (1952–1972)

--

JC, always one step behind!

Posted on: 2012/3/20 3:00
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

pinkydapimp wrote:
So it seems things have been pretty quiet with them in town. Funny when you consider all of the overreaction regarding having them in town.


BUT BUT BUT IT'S GOING TO RUIN OUR CITY!!!

Posted on: 2012/3/19 3:00
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

pinkydapimp wrote:
So it seems things have been pretty quiet with them in town. Funny when you consider all of the overreaction regarding having them in town.


The best part is that the attempt to sell Jersey City as a party town blew up in the mayor's face and in the face of those who welcomed this crap show. Seems that Snookie is pregnant and thus, like many of our new young families, has to behave and act like an adult for once. I am overjoyed that it was a big fizzle....


Overjoyed? You care that much, eh?

Posted on: 2012/3/19 3:00
Top


Re: In New Jersey, a Battle Over a Fluoridation Bill - fluoride will be added to Jersey City water
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
I had no idea we weren't fluoridated. Please do it


How come?

Posted on: 2012/3/19 2:36
Top


Re: High-speed chase and crash at 2nd & Washington
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Lucky for him there were no pedestrians or other drivers in harms way. Put one behind his ear. POS.


So he should die? Really?

Posted on: 2012/3/15 4:01
Top


Re: Carjacker snatches $85,000 Mercedes SUV from family of 6 on Jersey City street, cops say
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The "Look at Me!!!" culture will certainly bite you in the ass. Shoulda got a nice fuel-efficient mini-van or two. Dopey people "Living the Dream".


If I ever care about what other people own, someone punch me.


Yeah, because these people don't want to be judged by the type of car they drive. Duh.


Did I say that they don't? That wasn't my point. Nice straw man argument.

Posted on: 2012/3/13 2:51
Top


Re: Carjacker snatches $85,000 Mercedes SUV from family of 6 on Jersey City street, cops say
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The "Look at Me!!!" culture will certainly bite you in the ass. Shoulda got a nice fuel-efficient mini-van or two. Dopey people "Living the Dream".


If I ever care about what other people own, someone punch me.

Posted on: 2012/3/13 1:23
Top


Re: Paulus Hook/Grove St
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Whenever someone rents or buys, they should consider the other option. Do you even know what the word consider means?


lulz.

Do you even know what you previously said in this very thread?

Quote:

you should just buy...

Posted on: 2012/3/13 0:51
Top


Re: Paulus Hook/Grove St
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I'm just saying paying 2600 for a 1br rental is pretty high. They should consider buying and if they move, they could always rent depending on the location...


"high" is relative. It's your judgment, not a fact.

They should consider buying? Why? Again, how can you possibly advise someone to make such a major financial decision such as buying without knowing their current financial situation and long-term goals?

Financial planner, you are not.

Posted on: 2012/3/10 3:07
Top


Re: Inappropriate use of Jersey City Police at Hoboken's Lepri-con Bar Crawl
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
Hello,

I am a Jersey City Homeowner, and property tax payer, and I was very dismayed to read on NJ.com that Jersey City sent many of our finest police officers, including our elite K9 force featuring Froto...

To police NOT HERE IN JERSEY CITY, but to baby sit and issue $2,000 tickets for Hoboken's Leper-con festival this past Saturday.

This comes just a few days after we were promised more police presence being on patrol in HERE Jersey City... at the show and tell the Mayor and police held at city hall just last week.

So what do they do first? They send Jersey City finest to the town next door. WTF.

I don't think that is a good use of my taxpayer money. I think Froto should be sniffing for bombs and fighting terrorism or what not... not patrolling a bunch of Irish twenty-something yuppie drunkards in a town that isn't Jersey City.

Sure if Hoboken had a VERIFIED EMERGENCY SITUATION... yes by all means, send JC first responders and police and emergency folks.

BUT FOR A GLORIFIED SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT AKA BAR CRAWL IN HOBOKEN? NO.

I hope Jersey City gets reimbursed by hoboken for this. And no more sending our cops out to baby-sit others in other towns for festivals or private social engagements.

What do you think?

FG


Your mistake is assuming that you're paying taxes in order for services that benefit you. In reality, it's simply exortion - they force you to pay and they do what they want with the money.

Posted on: 2012/3/5 13:02
Top


Re: Paulus Hook/Grove St
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
1Brs are between 1300 (basement, no in unit laundry, no parking) to 2600 (77 Hudson with over 4,000sq ft of amenities)

Anything below 1300 would not be livable. If you are paying 2600 for a 1BR, you should just buy...


Really? You're telling someone to buy when you have no idea of their long-term situation or plans?

Posted on: 2012/3/5 12:56
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Just saw Jersey Boys again. Soooo much better than wasting your time with the snookster. "don't worry pretty baby..."


Personally, I agree, but it other people enjoy it, who cares?

Posted on: 2012/3/4 14:35
Top


Re: Did the NYPD Conduct A Widespread Surveillance of Jersey City Muslims?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

CSXrailfan wrote:
The ultimate irony would be if these tactics wind up radicalizing people who would otherwise stay peaceful in a sane world. Then when the next attack came, all of you morons would once again cry, "why do they hate us?".


they obviously hate us for our freedomz.. lulz

Posted on: 2012/3/4 4:31
Top


Re: HSBC shutdown their JSQ branch?!
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Mmmm wrote:
Well I'm kinda miffed that they shut the JSQ branch down. I really don't like Bank of America or the other local options to JSQ and the Newport branch is darn inconvenient.... HSBC has free checking for one and good presence in NYC as well as upstate.

Found some news articles:

http://hoboken.patch.com/articles/hsbc-to-close-hoboken-branch

Looks like they have closed the Hoboken and Newark branches as well.

I was wondering if anyone else has petitioned them to re-open JSQ? The sign says to contact: HSBC Licensing Manager, Office of the Comptroller of Currency, Northeastern District Office, 340 Madison Ave, 5th floor, New York NY 10017.

- Mandar

Resized Image


Petition? They are running a business.

Posted on: 2012/3/1 0:52
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Those photos! It seems so real! I can feel the local economy on the uptick! Thank god they had wheels, it's such a long trip from Mercer St!!


So many people are pretending it's real! You're really pulling back the curtain!

Posted on: 2012/2/28 12:05
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
People misunderstand me and others posting on this thread.

Go ahead and drink until you die, tan until you get skin cancer, be promiscuous and sleep around with whoever and whenever. I don't really care.

However, when you appear on a show that has the word "New Jersey" or "jersey" in it, I'm associated with that crap because I'm a resident. I don't know how many times I get the "oh, you're a big fan of the jersey shore I guess?" question just because I live in NJ.


Way to take a show about two women you don't know and make it about you. lulz.

omgz "Coming to America" must have a reflection on me as an American!!! Please..

Quote:
So yes, it directly affects my quality of life to be put into the same sentence as garbage such as the jersey shore... Not to mention my tax dollars for the police, the added traffic, etc...


Affects your quality of life? How? The show is paying for the police and you implicitly allow for added traffic by living in a city. These things happen in cities. If you don't want that, move to a rural area.

Quote:
If the largest strip club in the world opened up in Jersey City, I have every right to advocate against and boycott against the club because it ruins my community and the city. This is the same, but in many cases, worse scenario because however large and appealing the strip club is, the jersey shore and those two idiots are even more appealing to people....


Or, you could just not go there and live your own life.

Quote:
Anyways, my last post on this subject. I fail to get how many of you don't understand that NOT ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. Jersey City is already associated with so many negative things to add one more to the list and say, "well, jersey city doesn't have the best reputation" is retarded. I mean retarded in the forrest gump sense and I hesitate to even say that because I'm sure forrest gump grasps this concept more so than some of the people here.

If President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran decided to stay in Jersey City, I hope all businesses put up signs saying "No Ahmadinejad" even if he decided to come into your store and act civil..it's what he stands for that we should be against. Just because you did it in excess doesn't mean that it should be promoted on TV with millions of teens watching (some of who are your daughters and sons) and in your city or state.....


No, I think what we're saying is that Snooki being here doesn't matter and won't really affect our lives. It's nothing to get up in arms about.

Quote:

I give up. Go Ahead and embrace snooki and jwoww..no wonder American kids are doing so well in school....


Ya, because life was much greater before Snooks came to town. Parents, dude. Parents.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 1:46
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I meant violence against women, not domestic violence - sorry about that.

Here, mtv pulled the footage but it was pre-released for hype purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCvj4kTJqT8

This was PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL.

It's teen tanning because the main demographic of MTV and jersey shore are teens.

id·i·o·cy
n. pl. id·i·o·cies
1. Extreme folly or stupidity.
2. A foolish or stupid utterance or deed.
3. Psychology The state or condition of being an idiot; profound mental retardation.

All of which apply to Jwow and snooki.

Here's a definition of stupid for you too:

stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.


Idiocy and stupid is still only your subjective reality - it's certainly not truth.

As for the violence, yes, they did make money off of the punch, however, that's part of the reality show gig, eh? Showing what might happen on camera. It's hardly the same as supporting violence. They didn't paint the puncher as any kind of a positive character, either. You took away from the scene that he was a douchebag.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 16:15
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Sadly, we have a mayor who could easily be a cast member of this show as well as many residents and JC Listers who have no clue how reality TV shows work. Perhaps they actually think they can score with these 2 bimbos? Now that's comedy.


I'm trying to find the part in the thread where anyone said they thought otherwise about reality TV? You seem to be making a straw man argument.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 16:02
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:
Scubachris: The difference is you are trying to keep Snooki and J-Woww out of your hypothetical store before they have even done anything. If they step foot in your store and cause a nuisance, sure kick them out. But to keep someone out because they've looked like an idiot on TV several times on a reality show is a little ridiculous. I hate to defend S&J but I think those who think this is awful are being a little too judgmental. They are on a reality show where the producers put them in a situations where they will get really drunk, and then pick and choose what footage to air. I'm sure if a camera followed you around for two months and producers needed to pick out some clips for a TV show you wouldn't looks so great either.


#1) For a person who hates to defend S&J, you sure do that A LOT in your post.

#2) I didn't know the producers put a gun to their head and force them to be promiscuous, drink excessively, get into fights, and disparage Italians and promote stereotypes. So the prodcuers "put them into situations" terminology is laughable AT BEST.

#3) If a camera followed me around for 2 months, I would not be doing anything that can be put on a show which

-Promotes domestic violence against women


What? When?

Quote:

-Promotes Public lewdness and drunkenness


Fair. Not sure why this is one of society's bigger problems, though.

Quote:

-Promotes teen tanning which is extremely harmful to your health (skin cancer anyone?)


They promote self-tanning. How do they promote TEEN tanning?

Quote:

-Promotes binge drinking


Yes, they like to party.

Quote:

-Promotes overall idiocy


This is vague and subjective.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 4:01
Top


Re: parking ticket: motor vehicle nuisance? huh?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
If you're in a rush and you park in the first open spot you see and you don't look at the curb. Believe it or not... it's theoretically possible.


That falls under stupidity.


Was that was I was arguing?

Posted on: 2012/2/25 15:27
Top


Re: parking ticket: motor vehicle nuisance? huh?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
He parked in a yellow or red zone. Apparently, people can do this "by accident".


Are you really arguing this can't happen by accident? Really?


Fine. Tell me how you can park in a red zone by accident? Please do, because we all learn when we get our licenses that a curb painted red means you cannot park there, EVER. Every zone I've seen painted red or yellow has a No Parking sign.

The only thing I can see how you may accidentally park in a yellow zone is when the sign says no parking on school days. Other than that, most yellow zones are the areas that are painted on the end of a street, with No Parking signs on them.


If you're in a rush and you park in the first open spot you see and you don't look at the curb. Believe it or not... it's theoretically possible.

Posted on: 2012/2/25 4:22
Top


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Newark, NJ doesn't welcome them and we do?

one of the most dangerous cities in the US says no to them and we say yes? I think everyone here will agree that Newark needs much more development than jersey city and they say no to them...

Does that mean anything to some of you?

Also, if a half drunken, half naked, stumbling idiot came into your store and drove away your customers - you have every right to kick them out. Actually, it would be COMMON SENSE. What's the difference between my hypothetical "customer" and snooki and jwwow? I would rather have my hypothetical person take care of my children.

In any case, whichever store they "work in", I will personally start a boycott of the store. And try to gather community support. Anyone who supports this trash wants a JC that is not conducive to development, business, and families.


The Newark gov't is just embarassing themselves. First, who said Snooki wants to go there, anyway? Second, Snooki is the least of their problems.

Posted on: 2012/2/25 0:47
Top



TopTop
« 1 ... 53 54 55 (56) 57 58 59 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017