Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 38

Pebble, Bike_Lane, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts




Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.


Amazing you haven't noticed the site is nearly dead.

The argument that Democrats were the party of racists is both true and the dumbest, most ignorant of political history argument possible. In a 2 party system any party is a coalition, and those coalitions shift. 50 years ago the coalition of progressives, labor, and southern racist conservatives broke and the latter joined the GOP in electing Nixon, in a move called "the southern strategy". Current fact, not ancient history.

Posted on: Today 14:05
Top


Re: The solar eclipse: Where you can safely watch it and get free viewing glasses
#2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Have any bars posted eclipse events? it seems most bars along the waterfront don't normally open until after the eclipse has ended.

Posted on: Yesterday 20:54
Top


Re: Did PATH finally increase frequency?
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


10 minute headways has been the standard Saturday service on the 33rd line for years, except during occasional track or signal work.

10-min headways would be an improvement on the Nwk-WTC line. I think 15 min was the typical Saturday interval, but there's been work on that line just about every weekend for several years, I forget what "normal" is supposed to be there.

Posted on: Yesterday 20:36
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


(Some of) you all are effin' crazy! [I'm not naming names, but you know who you are.]

Posted on: Yesterday 19:29
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.


Your comments are nothing but reflection to the fact your heroes, Hillary and Bill Clinton courted the White Supremist vote when Bill ran for office. Yes, slavery is a cancer so is the fact that liberals believe in choice which is the killing of innocent babies in the womb. That is immoral and evil. By the way, Margaret Sanger, said Negros are a weed and weeds need to be exterminate and over 21 innocent black babies have been murdered in the womb. They are placed in minority neighborhoods. http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79 ... -target-blacks-hispanics/


correction-21 million black babies more than any holocaust caused by Hitler.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:37
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Here's my crazy idea. If you don't like the flag, don't look at it.

This has to be the dumbest complaint I've ever seen on here, by far. Confederate flag, my ass.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:05
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Literally- no one cares. No one even participates on JClist anymore because the same four posters have dumbed it down with so much Fox News rhetoric that it's literally became a useless forum. Kinda like the current state of our government!


LOL ... apparently you care, based on your continuous inane postings that you think no one views. Despite you opionoin, I have been engaged with a number non-political dialogues.

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.



Posted on: Yesterday 15:34
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Literally- no one cares. No one even participates on JClist anymore because the same four posters have dumbed it down with so much Fox News rhetoric that it's literally became a useless forum. Kinda like the current state of our government!

Posted on: Yesterday 15:10
Top


Mugging on Mercer st - any info?
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Heard about a mugging the other night on Mercer. Anyone have any info on this? Watch your six.

Posted on: Yesterday 15:02
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.


Your comments are nothing but reflection to the fact your heroes, Hillary and Bill Clinton courted the White Supremist vote when Bill ran for office. Yes, slavery is a cancer so is the fact that liberals believe in choice which is the killing of innocent babies in the womb. That is immoral and evil. By the way, Margaret Sanger, said Negros are a weed and weeds need to be exterminate and over 21 innocent black babies have been murdered in the womb. They are placed in minority neighborhoods. http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79 ... -target-blacks-hispanics/

Posted on: Yesterday 14:00
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.

Posted on: Yesterday 13:25
Top


Did PATH finally increase frequency?
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


JSQ to 33rd running every 10 min on the weekend. Same with WTC line. Weekdays seem slightly less packed, and there are thousands of people switching to PATH due to NJ Transit/Amtrak's Summer of Hell. Is it true? Did the Port Authority voluntarily increase service on PATH?

Posted on: Yesterday 13:21
Top


Re: Tax Abatement Expiration?
#13
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


2017 Taxes are posted on the City Website

http://taxes.cityofjerseycity.com/

Posted on: Yesterday 13:12
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.


You are rationalizing behavior. I am pointing out a fact that happened. These pins are selling on ebay. This is nothing but killed the messenger for pointing out this information. In 1992, Ross Perot was a valid candidate for president. He ran as an independent. So it does not surprise anyone, Clinton was scrambling for white votes in the South. After all, he came from Arkansas and Gore from Tennessee. They knew the white groups there and yes did court their vote.

Posted on: Yesterday 12:47
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.

Posted on: Yesterday 12:22
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

papadage wrote:
Those pins were not produced by the campaign, your disingenuous ass.

As for your previous stupid post, Van Vorst did not take up arms against the Union to maintain slavery.

People like you should be ashamed of yourselves, drawing equivalence between traitorous rebels that killed more Americans than the Nazis with other figures that have something else going for them besides being Confederate generals and leaders.

Scum like you deserve the scorn you get here.


Those pins were acknowledge by the campaign. There was no, "I am against this from Clinton/Gore." Neither did the Washington Post article say they were not true. More articles on the subject. By the way, your language is over the line calling someone scum, etc, is an evil response perhaps from an evil person. https://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/23 ... surfaces-online/21199944/

Posted on: Yesterday 10:16
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.

Posted on: Yesterday 10:10
Top


Re: Over 30 Soccer Team needs All Star Players
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
Kubala ?

Emeralds. I've a lot of friends on the team and been with them for a few years. Prior, I played with the Kearny Scots.

Posted on: Yesterday 8:57
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The British flag honors the caste system that is the monarchy! Take down the Hawaiian flag! We shouldn't honor a system where you have to bow or curtsy to a monarch!

Incorrect. The British Flag represents a collection of nations that is progressing forward and backward at times. However, it is a representation of a collective and not a lone ideal.

The Confederate Flag represented one thing and one thing only: Secession for the sole purpose of owning other human beings.

The *ONLY* reason the Confederate Flag exists on any state flags was a direct push that came with the Jim Crow Laws. They exist as a backlash to the rights given to blacks.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Cornelius Van Vorst had slaves. He also gave the rest of the farm the the village of Van Vorst which later merged with the City of Jersey City for a park. Do we rename the park? If we do I am sure his heirs which still exists might want the land back. Some Van Vorst family members were around in the 1950s.

Wow. You have proven yourself a bigot but I didn’t think you’d go with another stupid argument.

General Lee’s statue has nothing to do with whether he was a slave owner or not. It has to do with the fact that he has one single accomplishment in his life: Taking up arms against his country because they said he couldn’t own human beings as slaves!

Seriously, you want a statue for that guy?

Van Vorst Park is named after him for his notable positives to the neighborhood. What positive did Lee give? Please, be specific when you describe out these positives.

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Forget the subway symbols, we must destroy the graves of Confederate generals. Dump their evil remains into the ocean.

Please, why don’t you explain the equivalence of a private grave that existed on private property (could become public after historical designation in certain areas) for families to immortalize those they loved versus a statue that was entirely built as a backlash to black people gaining rights.

Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.



Posted on: Yesterday 8:52
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well you have to be stupid and obviously "sightless" not to see the hidden symbols glorifying grand old antebellum days of the South.

Can only imagine the emotional angst triggered by looking at this despicable image.... sorry MTA, they have to go!

http://www.historynet.com/confederate-flags-in-times-square.htm


According to the NYTimes, they're going, or at least being changed:

To busy New Yorkers walking briskly by, the mosaic inside a Times Square subway station might look like a Confederate flag.

It is not, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority assured riders on Friday. But less than a week after violence broke out at a Virginia rally, ostensibly over the planned removal of a statue of a Confederate general, officials are not taking any chances.

So in order to “avoid absolutely any confusion,” the M.T.A. said in a statement that it would modify the design to make it “absolutely crystal clear” that it does not depict a symbol of Southern defiance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/nyr ... me=Watching-article-click



Probably better to incur this expense rather than risk $$$ of damage from antifa/leftist/anarchists targeting and destroying racist MTA stations.

Posted on: Yesterday 6:45
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well you have to be stupid and obviously "sightless" not to see the hidden symbols glorifying grand old antebellum days of the South.

Can only imagine the emotional angst triggered by looking at this despicable image.... sorry MTA, they have to go!

http://www.historynet.com/confederate-flags-in-times-square.htm


According to the NYTimes, they're going, or at least being changed:

To busy New Yorkers walking briskly by, the mosaic inside a Times Square subway station might look like a Confederate flag.

It is not, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority assured riders on Friday. But less than a week after violence broke out at a Virginia rally, ostensibly over the planned removal of a statue of a Confederate general, officials are not taking any chances.

So in order to “avoid absolutely any confusion,” the M.T.A. said in a statement that it would modify the design to make it “absolutely crystal clear” that it does not depict a symbol of Southern defiance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/nyr ... me=Watching-article-click

Posted on: Yesterday 2:29
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home



Posted on: Yesterday 0:37
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Those pins were not produced by the campaign, your disingenuous ass.

As for your previous stupid post, Van Vorst did not take up arms against the Union to maintain slavery.

People like you should be ashamed of yourselves, drawing equivalence between traitorous rebels that killed more Americans than the Nazis with other figures that have something else going for them besides being Confederate generals and leaders.

Scum like you deserve the scorn you get here.

Posted on: 8/18 21:32
Top


Re: The solar eclipse: Where you can safely watch it and get free viewing glasses
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

All eclipse activities are included in your general admission to LSC.

The only eclipse activity that's additional is our special showing of the Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon Laser Show at 4:45 pm. You can pick up your ticket for the laser show on the day of the event at the box office ($12 for adults, $10 for kids).

Posted on: 8/18 17:33
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


The Bill Clinton and Al Gore Conferate flag pin. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/th ... 5/?utm_term=.e2b799b2f0cd

Posted on: 8/18 16:27
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Bye bye Bannon!

Also nazi-collaborators-name-be-erased-broadway-sidewalk

https://patch.com/new-york/downtown-ny ... eather&utm_campaign=alert

Posted on: 8/18 15:04
Top


Re: The solar eclipse: Where you can safely watch it and get free viewing glasses
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Having seen several eclipses, I can definitely say that this is best as an outdoor event

And yes it's as free as it gets. Sheesh...

Posted on: 8/18 13:58
Top


Re: The solar eclipse: Where you can safely watch it and get free viewing glasses
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
At LSC, is this an outside event & they will give the glasses to everyone outside free?
What time & is parking free?


What else would you like for FREE?

Posted on: 8/18 13:36
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Forget the subway symbols, we must destroy the graves of Confederate generals. Dump their evil remains into the ocean.

Posted on: 8/18 13:20
Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Well you have to be stupid and obviously "sightless" not to see the hidden symbols glorifying grand old antebellum days of the South.

Can only imagine the emotional angst triggered by looking at this despicable image.... sorry MTA, they have to go!

http://www.historynet.com/confederate-flags-in-times-square.htm

Posted on: 8/18 12:59
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 7456 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017