Re: Complete Streets - Bike JC's Grand Street Vision
Posted by OneSkirt on 2017/1/10 11:08:16
Reducing the number of lanes on Grand is a bad idea, has anyone seen the traffic on those roads now with the existing number of lanes?
This has been proven false.
* 4 to 3 road diets have been shown to actually move the same amount of traffic, just slow down and at more steady rate.
* Less stop and go traffic - more continious flow
* Dedicated turning lanes mean cars are out of the way of main traffic flow
* Having a 4-lane highway (as we have now) invites traffic off the Turnpike as a route to cut to the Holland Tunnel
* City is growing and there's nothing left to pave
This Post was from: http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=415482